- 8 pieces of skinless chicken (either thigh or breast meat)
- 2 TBSP. of Mrs.Dash seasoning (reserve 1 TBSP for the crockpot)
- 2 tsp. of basil
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1 medium tomato diced (or a can of diced low sodium tomatoes)
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper or yellow
- 1 small onion diced (optional)
Place 2 TBSP of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat chicken dry after washing. Season the chicken with Mrs. Dash, basil, paprika, and black pepper. Place the chicken in the olive oil to brown.
Pace the broth/stock in the crockpot add the 1/2 can of tomato paste.
Place chicken on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
Place the chicken in the crockpot with the broth. Add the remaining ingredients.
Add the remaining TBSP of Mrs. Dash.
Cover the crockpot with the lid. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Can be served over couscous, pasta, or brown rice.